FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Start DateJul 12 2023
THE WORLD’S MOST LOVED BALLET
ARRIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA THIS JULY
THE GRAND & LAVISH FULL-LENGTH PRODUCTION GRACES
SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST PRESTIGIOUS THEATRES FOR A STRICTLY LIMITED SEASON
COMPLETE WITH FULL ORCHESTRA
First performed in St Petersburg in 1895, the world’s most loved ballet Swan Lake will grace South African stages in 2023 when this grand and sumptuous production arrives at Artscape Opera House, Cape Town, from Thursday 12 July 2023 and at the Teatro at Montecasino, Johannesburg, from Wednesday 26 July 2023.
From the first immortal bars of Tchaikovsky’s score, Swan Lake beckons the audience to another world in this classic tale of good triumphing over evil. Be captivated by Prince Siegfried’s love for the Swan Queen Odette, the unforgettable corps de ballet moving in magical unison, glimmering swans and spectacular ballroom scenes. This glorious tale, performed by elite dancers from around the world, inspires awe and wonder.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Swan Lake as it was mean to be seen – magnificent sets and lavish costumes; Tchaikovsky’s timeless score performed by South Africa’s finest musicians; and, a truly international company of over 60 with acclaimed and beautiful dancers from around the world.
This unmissable and stirring production of Swan Lake comes to South Africa`s most prestigious theatres for a strictly limited season and with already over 20,000 tickets sold you can’t afford to wait so book today.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695