FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
My Kroon se Krank
Start DateAug 02 2023
Miss South Africa 2019, Zozibuni Tunzi, has just been crowned as Miss Universe and natural hair is more in than ever. Auntie Pat, a council member in the community, has to take new photos for her campaign and wants to follow the natural route. Roxanne, her baby, is busy opening a hair salon and also finding her roots, while confident Debbie begs them to be their natural selves. Three characters on a journey of renewal, repent and one of new beginnings. Even if it’s over. Even if it hurts. You’ve seen all three, but haven’t really heard from them, or really listened.
With Veronique Jephtas
Producer: Bossikop Productions
Writers: Veronique Jephtas and Lynthia Julius
Director: Tinarie van Wyk Loots
Stage manager: Roland du Preez
Lighting Design: Andi Colombo
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695