- This event has passed.
Ticket CostR240 - R300
Start DateAug 03 2023
After a very successful tour in France and Switzerland, performing 90 shows to over 300,000 audience members, the professional wing of Zip Zap returns to home soil and will be bringing back to the stage, a revamped version of MOYA.
MOYA, a pulsating acrobatic performance based on the award-winning Acrobatic Art Film, is an infusion of contemporary and traditional circus, using the narrative of true-to-life Zip Zap stories.
A flawless display of aerial skills, a masterclass in juggling as well as a thrilling acrobatic wheel routine will enthrall young and old once again! MOYA celebrates both unity and diversity, through its unique and artistic interpretation.
The show has been revamped to include elements of comedy and acrobatics to entertain, dance sequences to get your heart thumping, a brand new original score written by Josh Hawks (former bass player of Freshlyground), and a story to touch your soul.
MOYA will be presented at the Artscape Opera House for 5 shows only before it travels to Johannesburg for a run at The Teatro at Montecasino.
Pensioners and scholars who would like to make use of the 10% discount, please present proof of status when booking your tickets at the Artscape Box Office or Computicket outlets.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695