FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Our Oceans Our Future
Start DateMar 30 2023
Can life on earth survive if our oceans are destroyed? Do our young people have a future on earth? Can we do anything to protect our world?
These are the themes explored by SboNdaba Dance in their creative new dance and theatre production launching at Artscape, in collaboration with Environmental NGOs.
“Our Oceans, Our Future’ is an emotional call to each and everyone to become involved in environmental activism, to add your voice, to become engaged, to volunteer, to make waves and to be the change!
We invite you to come be inspired by a performance that not only speaks to the important questions around our natural world and oceans, but that also gets you thinking and feeling.
Join us in finding solutions to the greatest threat by humans to life on earth. Join us for “Our Oceans, Our Future.”
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695