- This event has passed.
Dust to Man/Diversity in Dance
Start DateDec 01 2022
Dust To Man is inspired by the Islamic story of Adam and Hawa (Adam and Eve). The production looks at the beginning of Adam’s purpose and what he was meant to do for man on Earth. “Caretaker, answer, rename and lead man’s doing today”. He was then influenced by what is forbidden which led to change and life as we know it. ‘When the Lord said to the angels: I am going to create a human (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then fall prostrate to him”.
The Diversity in Dance Project, funded by the British Council, is a partnership between Artscape and Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. Unmute Dance Theatre will host 3 dancers from the UK for 2 months to work on creating new work. The collaborative work will see able and disabled bodied dancers create and showcase what they’ve created at the Edinburgh Carnival in July 2022. The project will culminate again at the ArtsAbility Festival at the end of the year where dancers will showcase what they’ve been working on throughout the year.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695