FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Cape Town’s Most Wanted
Start DateJun 22 2023
CAPE TOWN’S MOST WANTED – The Best of Cape Town’s Street Dance in one night.
This will be the 10th production of Cape Town’s Most Wanted. It has grown extensively in popularity each year and constantly brings new audiences to the Artscape Theatre every year with sold out performances. Produced by The Dance Project and Triple C, it provides a platform for audiences to get to see the best of Cape Town’s Hip Hop dancers, choreographers and dance crews – from right across Cape Town and beyond, in one performance.
This is no competition but a “co-creation” where the whole of Cape Town works together to bring out its best. It is a unique opportunity to experience live and raw, on one stage, in one performance, the unique styles with all genres showing their dynamic diversity, stunning creativity, mind-blowing technique and sheer swagger-bility. These are the best of Cape Town’s Hip Hop dancers as they exude their passion, joy and excitement in Cape Town’s Most Wanted. This unique show boasts a lot of talented dancers and teams who have been representing themselves proudly in national and international dance competitions over the time period of 2020-2022. A total of 230 dancers.
Catch these teams alongside many other talents at this year’s performance. Tickets are on sale now at Computicket.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695