FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Calling Us Home
Ticket CostR190 - R390
Start DateFeb 14 2023
“Calling Us Home, the musical that raised the roof and brought audiences to their feet is returning to Cape Town for one week only!
Grace, an African Princess – fleeing a devastating war in her homeland, arrives penniless, in the freezing, grimy docklands of an American city. The underworld of this city is ruled by the evil gang lord Ivan who, after an unexpected encounter, has set his sights on Grace. But another, the street-smart Rafael, a young construction worker with bold ambitions, is determined to capture her heart. Will his quest lead only to tragedy? In this new world, Grace befriends Rafael’s reckless sister Isabella and together they must fight to survive and keep their dreams alive…
This epic Musical, composed and written by Alice Gillham and directed by New York Director Peter Flynn, will bewitch you with its spectacular music and move you to laughter and tears – as it celebrates love and the triumph of hope.
South Africa, this is your last chance to see Calling Us Home before it leaves our shores… ”
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695