FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Ticket CostR100 - R340
Start DateNov 12 2022
A riveting storyline full of magic, seduction, betrayal and intrigue. George Frideric Handel’s Alcina is set on a magical island, where Alcina, a powerful sorceress, lives with her sister Morgana. She enchants and seduces any man who dares to set foot on her island and then transforms them into wild animals, plants or stones when she tires of them. A brave heroine by the name of Bradamante travels to the island in disguise in an attempt to rescue her enchanted fiancé Ruggiero.
Directed by one of South Africa’s foremost theatre directors, Matthew Wild, with set and lighting design by Wilhelm Disbergen, Alcina is a collaboration between Cape Town Opera and the University of Cape Town Opera School. The Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra will be conducted by Jeremy Silver.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695