FIND A SHOW
- This event has passed.
Jazzart 50 Years of Dance Celebratory Festival – Opening Night Gala
Start DateOct 05 2023
The ’50 Years of Dance Celebratory Festival’ opening night gala is an exciting, stimulating and thoroughly celebratory programme, elevating and honouring the life-changing impact and longevity of contemporary dance in South Africa. The festival gala will showcase an exciting host of guest companies and artists, featuring Jazzart’s young, energetic, and ambitious students and professional company of dancers.
Jazzart’s celebrated alumni Sifiso Kweyama, Celeste Botha, Shaun Oelf and Elvis Sibeko showcase works alongside multiple award-winning artists, Vincent Mantsoe, Gregory Maqoma and Artistic Director Dane Hurst. They are joined by Unmute Dance Theatre in a collaborative work by Andile Vellem and Yaseen Manuel and include solos, duets and short works created by recent graduates from Jazzart. The evening will showcase a special guest performance by music sensation Zimbini Makwetu.
Parking is available at the Cape Town Civic Centre’s basement parking, Mondays to Fridays between 6pm and 11pm. Parking will be available on Saturdays and Sundays as well as public holidays, for matinee and evening performances. Access to the parking area is via Jan Smuts Street.
• No cash will be accepted/handled at the entry point;
• Payments can be made with Debit/Credit card;
• The parking fees are as follows: - Normal fee: R27.00; - Pensioners: R17.00;
• The gate to the parking will be closed 15 minutes after the starting time of a performance and opened after the performance;
• For security reasons, patrons will be required to inform the attendant which production they are attending, you may also provide proof of a reservation to a production or an event, or proof of invitation to a production or event, at the entry point;
• Patrons are to contact the emergency number (021) 400 2828 in the event of an emergency;
• For your safety a security guard will be stationed at the garage entry
Limited facilities for wheelchairs are available in the Opera House and Theatre in accordance with safety regulations. Wheelchair seats can be booked at the Artscape Box Office, at any Computicket outlet, or through the Computicket call centre. Please note that the Arena is not wheelchair friendly. Toilets for wheelchair-bound patrons aresituated in the Marble and Chandelier Foyers of the Opera House and on the lower level of the Theatre Foyer. Limited parking bays are available for bona fide Disabled Parking Disc Holders in the tunnel area opposite the Stage Door entrance, and in the staff parking area. A drop-off facility is available in the tunnel area for patrons who have difficulty walking. Prior arrangements in all regards should be made with the Theatre Manager.Wheelchairs
Disabled Parking and Wheelchairs are available on site but should be pre-booked by contacting Artscape Dial-a-seat on 021 421 7695