Artscape Technical Training Academy hosts Workplace Integrated Learning Technical Internships in Stage Management, Stage Lighting, Stage Sound, Project Management and Wardrobe. Interns work alongside industry professionals with the purpose of providing training and practical experience towards a career in the technical aspects of theatre.
The internship programme is a youth programme and will provide an opportunity to gain practical work experience for a period of twelve (12) months, whereby successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend. Interested, qualified candidates submit the completed application form with the information listed below.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Completed a certificate; diploma in Arts or performing Arts
- Must be between the ages 18-35
- Must have a keen interest in theatre and its technical operations
- The candidate must be articulate in 2 or 3 of the Western Cape’s predominant languages (i.e. English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa)
- Previous experience in any discipline of the Performing Arts will be advantageous
- Must have a positive attitude , and a willing desire to learn
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the APPLICATION FORM (Artscape Technical Internship Application Form 2019)
- All applications should be accompanied by the Internship application form, certified copy of ID and Certificates
- Please submit your application for the attention to Jeremy Vorster, HR Department; Artscape, DF Malan Street, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8000 or email: email@example.com
- Enquiries: +(27) 21- 410 9877
- Please note: copies of certified copies will not be accepted. Artscape will not be held responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and traveling.
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Kindly accept that if you do not hear from Artscape within two (2) months, that your application has been unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 10 APRIL 2019