Artscape stages a grade 12 setwork programme annually. These are four of the grade 12 setwork books as set out in the curriculum by the Western Cape Education department. For 2022 the setworks are:
- Krismis van Map Jacobs
- My Children, My Africa
- Buzani Kubawo
Artscape hereby invites arts organisations, production houses and independent producers to submit proposals to stage one of the setworks for 2022 to be presented in either the Theatre or Arena venues at Artscape. The dates for these will be allocated by Artscape from within the following date periods (excluding weekends and public holidays):
- 4 April 2022 – 23 April 2022
- 3 May 2022 – 28 May 2022
In addition to the staged production, the main cast members will also be required to participate in a question and answer video series that will be recorded by Artscape and shared on certain online platforms.
Eligibility for consideration:
- A track record of having staged the production previously (please provide list);
- Present proof of holding the rights to stage the production (where required);
ALL proposals for the above should include the following:
- Full details of the production;
- Technical details, including sets;
- Company and creative team information and contact details of the person(s) who will lead the team;
- A projected budget, where applicable.
Please mark the following clearly in the e-mail subject line in order to categorise your production:
- Artscape proposal: Setworks 2022
Submit proposals or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 31 January 2022.