Artscape Theatre Centre invites you to submit your application to be part of the 2021 Edinburgh Festival Carnival International Exchange Program (EVS)
(Artscape associations or registered members of the Resource centre and incubators may also apply)
*NB – This is not for Fulltime employees
Exchange Program information
Edinburgh Festival Carnival is based in the United Kingdom in the town of Edinburgh delivers an annual programme of events and community celebrations with its flagship being an international street festival that brings people together from across the city of Edinburgh, Liverpool, sub regions, the North West, the UK and beyond.
The Artscape Theatre Centre in partnership with Edinburgh Festival Carnival are recruiting for Jazz musicians – Brass Players specific for the UK that will be part of the European Voluntary Service exchange program.
The South African participants will be hosted by Edinburgh Festival Carnival. Artscape will be assisting the successful candidates with flight arrangements and accommodation from Cape Town to Edinburgh – Scotland.
The program will be from May 2021 – July 2021
Criteria and selection of emerging artists for the UK:
- Must have a Valid Passport with an Unabridged Birth Certificate.
- Participants must be between the ages 18-29 years of age.
- Be an emerging Jazz Brass musician
- Be able to lead workshops in your art form.
- Discipline with children and young people or in family/community contexts.
- Be open to new ideas and experiences.
- Must be able to represent Artscape and South Africa as an ambassador.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Need to be spontaneous and outgoing and interact with people.
- Need to be able to work in a team.
- You must provide a motivational letter with your CV with contactable references and past work done with young people within the Arts.
- People skills are highly required.
- You must complete the Volunteer Project Participation document.
- A police clearance check will be done.
- You will receive a monthly stipend from the organisation, and accommodation will be arranged.
- Shoot a quick digital film on a cell phone with each person saying who you are, what you going to do in the arts, what are your expectation of coming to the UK ect. (Whole film no more than 30 seconds).
Deadline for submissions is: 25 September 2020 Email applications to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.